Competition Regulation for the 2nd World Xiangqi Open
I. Host : World Xiangqi Federation (WXF)
II. Organizer : Finnish Xiangqi Association
III. Co-Organizer : European Xiangqi Federation (EXF)
IV. Competition Date: August 13 to August 15, 2016
V. Competition Venue:
Best Western Plus Hotel Haaga (4 star international hotel)
Nuijamiestentie 10, 00320 Helsinki
Website : http://www.hotelhaaga.fi/en/
Transportation : 15 minute drive by taxi from Helsinki-Vantaa Airport (fare approximately 33 Euro). Or take the I-train from the Airport to the Huopalahti station (22 min.). Walk 800 meters to the hotel. Public bus directly at the hotel to the center of Helsinki (15 min.).
VI. Competition Events
Men’s team ; Women’s team
1. Members and Associates of the WXF and its subsidiaries can send one or more than one team to participate in the games.
2. Xiangqi Organizations of the country (region) which haven’t joined the WXF must give their entries through the recommendation by one of the WXF Members or Associates.
3. Each team is allowed to have one "Foreign Guest Player".
4. Each participating team may register 1 team leader, 1 coach, 3 players for Men’s team, 2 players for Women’s team. Men’s team and Women’s team may register separately. Team leader and coach can be acted as players as well.
VIII. Competition method
1. The WXF Xiangqi Competition Rules will be adopted (same as the Asian Xiangqi Competition Rules)
2. Competition timing: 45 minutes + 15 seconds increment per player per game
3. Competition scoring: 2-1-0. In the event of equal accumulative points, the rank will be determined according to the following items: rival's point, game point, victory matches, victory games.
4. Men’s team: set by 3 tables. Swiss System with 7 rounds (one game per player) will be adopted.
5. Women’s team: set by 2 tables. The competition method and number of rounds of the matches will depend on the number of the teams registered.
1. All teams shall fill out the unified entry form (which is attached thereinafter) sealed and send together with e-photos of all the team members to the Organizing Committee of the 2nd World Xiangqi Open by 31st May 2016.
Contact Persons: Xue Zhong, Pu Fangyao, Mikko Toernqvist
Tel.: 0049-89-3795 9568 Fax: 0049-89-3260 3395
2. Xiangqi Organizations of the country (region) which haven’t joined the WXF must give their registration through the recommending WXF Member or Associate.
3. Entrance fee: 200 € for each Men’s team, 100 € for each Women’s team
X. Ranking and Awards
1. Men’s team: place 1-3 Prize fund + trophy + certificate, place 4-8 certificate
2. Women’s team: place 1-3 Prize fund + trophy + certificate
3. Top 6 players of individual overall ranking for Men’s, Women’s and NCNV will be awarded respectively. Place 1-3 Medal + certificate, place 4-6 certificate.
4. Top 3 players of individual overall ranking for Men’s and Women’s will be granted WXF Federation Master titles. Place 4-6 players of individual overall ranking for Men’s will get one bonus point of WXF Federation Master title (2 bonus points will be granted WXF Federation Master title).
1. Each team shall bear all its own cost including international traveling expenses and local accommodation.
2. Please refer to the appendix 3 for the recommended hotel list by the Organizing
Each team shall bear its own cost to buy the personal insurance during the tournament
Participants are requested to wear formal dress or uniform of the team to attend the opening and closing ceremonies as well as the competition.
XIV. Any other issues not mentioned will be informed later.
XV. The interpretation right of this Regulation belongs to the Secretariat of the World Xiangqi Federation.
Beijing, 03 March 2016
Secretariat of the World Xiangqi Federation